May 08 2012
Last year, Glenwood Springs was named the most fun town in America! Obviously, the judges came in the summer, when there is no lack of good times which we will outline here with some of the most popular activities. Perhaps the number one thing visitors enjoy about our town is that it is a real mountain town; not a disney-esque caricature of one!
- Perhaps the most fun thing to do is get here by train! Yes, Amtrak stops right outside our front door. Make sure you take time to visit the historic Railroad Museum in the depot. We’ve also got a Frontier Historical Museum!
- Bring your bikes! Or you can rent them here. There are miles and miles of bike trails, both paved and unpaved that lead everywhere from here.
- Canoeing, Kayaking and Rafting are king. We have a waterpark and two pretty feisty rivers converge here.
- Disc Golf is pretty trendy and we’ve got a great “course” near bye at the Roaring Fork Disc Golf Club.
- Golf, golf and more golf. Here, there and all around us. You could stay two weeks and never play the same course within an hour’s drive of the hotel. There’s a great mini-golf in town too!
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park beckons you to throw down your technology and get outside for a rollicking good time that include caving and very adventurous thrill rides.
- The Hot Springs Pool is one of the top reasons many people come back again and again. It is the largest of its kind in the world! We have a great package that includes pool passes for your convenience.
- Hiking is everywhere. From the valley to the mountaintops, this is, after all, the heart of the Rockies!
- Horseback riding is offered up at Sunlight Mountain during the summer months.
- Spa treatments abound with our hot springs culture here. The perfect spa getaway destination!
- Ziplines! Sure, we said, A to Z, right? The zipline here goes across the mighty Colorado River!
- Shopping? Our town is bursting at the seams with small boutique shops run by real people! If that’s not enough, you will find Vail and Aspen within a short drive.
- Dining! We are pretty proud of our own Brewpub but there are dozens of dining choices our front desk staff will be happy to tell you about.
You don’t even have to leave the hotel if you don’t want to. Consider a penthouse suite with rooftop hot tub. Or our one of a kind St James Suite, which is actually a cute craftsman cottage near to the hotel makes a perfect family HQ for your visit with its own backyard privacy. No matter what gets your juices flowing, the activities abound here. But, its o.k. to just come up here and relax too. If that is what you want to do!