Searching for the ultimate guys getaway weekend? Thinking about leaving the women and children at home for some fun with the boys? No matter what time of year you want to getaway with your buddies, Glenwood Springs is the perfect place to do it! Here are the top 5 things guys can plan for some real bonding time:
- Rafting and Kayaking – Here at the confluence of the Colorado River and the Roaring Fork River you will find some of the best stretches of rivers in the USA! We have a kayak park to play in and if the whitewater has mellowed, go for a fishing float trip.
- Mountain Biking – Here, there and everywhere, you will find excellent mountain biking. Get out on your own or use the lift served “disneyesque” variety found in Aspen and Vail which are both nearby. In the Winter, leave the bike behind and bring your skis or board. There are 7 ski areas in less than an hour’s drive from our hotel!
- Take a Hike or Go Hunting – Whether you like to hike in or pack in, the hiking and hunting possibilities around here are endless. In the Summer, popular hikes include Hanging Lake in the canyon and Maroon Bells up near Aspen. In the Fall, there is hunting. Get your tags and come on up!
- Go Hog Wild – Do you and the gang like to ride motorcycles? You won’t find a better destination than here. Mountain passes and smooth winding roads await your discovery.
- Golf Getaways – You could play a different course every day of the week and still have more courses to discover here. From Vail to Aspen there has to be at least a dozen you can play. We are in the middle of it all.